Fibromyalgia has been affecting people for a very long time. It is a greatly misunderstood condition and it is one of the most common ailments affecting your bones and muscles. The symptoms mostly include muscle pain, joint pain, and fatigue. But is it a psychological condition or is it a physical condition that has not yet been proved? Doctors suggest that it is caused by a problem of how your brain and spinal cord process pain signals. Though there has been no cure yet for the condition physical therapy helps a lot in dealing with this condition.
How does physical therapy help Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a serious condition and if left untreated it can worsen and gradually affect your way of life. With no cure yet this condition has to be treated with proper physical therapy. AmericarePT provides the patients with the care and personalized treatment to reduce pain and achieve their goals regarding their physical health. People suffering from fibromyalgia can get the following benefits from physical therapy:
- The patients can relieve symptoms of pain and stiffness in their day to day life
- Physical therapy can help build, strengthen and improve your daily movements
- Physical therapy will help the patients with fibromyalgia to get relief from their intense muscle pain
- It also helps the patients make proper decisions regarding their activities so that they don’t end up getting bouts of acute pain
- The physical therapist will train the patients to keep a proper posture to improve the flexibility of the muscles
- Relaxation methods are also taught for helping the patients relax their muscles and reduce muscle tension
With the above benefits, a patient with fibromyalgia can get on with their day to day life without much difficulty.
The common causes of fibromyalgia
What causes this condition is not yet clear but according to doctors most of the symptoms occur to the following patients:
- It mostly affects women
- If you are suffering from arthritis or any other painful infection
- Physical or emotional abuse can cause this condition
- If you have a family hereditary of this disease
- Lack of exercise can cause fibromyalgia
What are the common symptoms of fibromyalgia?
The most common symptoms of fibromyalgia include:
- You will have acute muscle pain, tightness, twitching, or burning sensation all over your body
- Feeling very tired and not able to do your daily activities properly
- You will have difficulty concentrating and remembering things
- You are unable to sleep properly
- Anxiety, feeling depressed, worry and nervous all can be a symptom of fibromyalgia
In short, if you are experiencing these symptoms without any particular reason it is time you consult a doctor and do the needful. Though no test will reveal that you have this condition the doctor will diagnose you and according to your symptoms will conclude.
AmericarePT can help you deal with fibromyalgia
Because there is no cure for this condition, your doctor will suggest that you go for physical therapy. AmericarePT gives you the best support for combating this illness. The expert professionals in Americare physical therapy will help in relieving your pain and will get you ready for your daily activities without the worry of this condition. You will feel more energized and fit. So if you are a patient of fibromyalgia do not delay in making an appointment in Americare physical therapy where trained therapists and physical trainers are waiting to give you their best treatment.