Twitter is a great online music marketing tool for musicians to promote their music and gain potential fans. It’s not only a great opportunity to get the word out about your music but it’s an easy way to stay in contact with those people you meet. Many artists get started on twitter, sign up for an account, add some photos, then a follow a few friends and then they stop. They’ve heard so much about this popular social networking site and how great it is but they don’t know how to use it. Like Myspace or any other networking site you have to work them constantly to see good results. That means implementing a daily action plan.
Here are some ways you can get more results form Twitter:
- First off you want to make sure your profile is ready for traffic. You need to have a photo of your band or solo artist, a short bio description, a link to your website for them to heard your music and a reason why they should visit to find out more, such an incentive. You can tell them that if they visit your website they can have a free song or two.
- Next step is finding the right people to follow first. Go to search.twitter.com. You can search for literally anything having to do with you music. The results will come back with everyone who has tweeted about what you searched for. You can search you genre, you can search to see who’s talking about artists that sound like you and just about anything you can think of. If your thinking of following someone you’ve found in a search visit their page first to get an idea of what kind of person they are by looking at their tweets. Follow people who are using twitter on a daily bases and also check if they tweet often. You don’t want to follow anyone who hasn’t tweeted in awhile. Follow as many of these people as you can everyday.
- Unfollow those who don’t follow you back after a period of time or those previous followers who decide to unfollow you. This will help keep just the people who are interested in you in your streamline. Send thank you messages to people who follow you back. There are programs to automate this process but you should make always make sure that it complies with Twitters terms of us.
- Tweet regularly at least a couple times a day. Don’t over do it by tweeting about everything that happens during the day but just give some interesting details about your day, every now and then. Don’t just tweet about what’s going on with your music or when you have a show. People want to see you as a real person. They will get to know you by seeing your tweets on a regular bases.
- Respond to other peoples tweets when you can. Another great way to communicate with your twitter audience is to respond to what they tweet about. All you have to do is put @ and then their username and they will see your response on their homepage next to the messages. This also works for people who are not following you.
- Be interactive. Ask your followers questions about anything just to engage them. For example you can ask: What is your favorite book and why? or What new movies do you guys recommend? These are just examples but you may think of some better questions to ask. For the sale of play beatz headphones, the marketing of the music will be excellent. The check can be made from the online sites about the quality of the voice and sound. The charges will be favorable for the person so that there will be excellent benefits to the person.
The key is to not follow as many people as possible but to try to find the right people to follow. Engage them, keep in contact, and add new followers regularly. Twitter is a great online music marketing tool and if you apply these techniques you will see significant results. However remember it does take some time and effort to build a decent audience but this should jump start you in the right direction.