It goes without saying that millions of Americans would like to lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle. For many, it seems like an impossible task, but it doesn’t have to be that way. For most people it may only take a change in your home environment. So there might be better options of losing weight aside from Tummy Tuck surgery. As such, here are some great ideas to help you lose weight and live healthier.
- Cut down on portion sizes. You can still eat some of your favorite foods; just eat less of them at one time.
- Eat a small salad before dinner. This will help you from overeating the regular meal.
- Get away from the TV and eat at the table. It is amazing at how much more you eat while in front of the TV.
- Steam your vegetables. Doing this keeps the good nutrients in while keeping the fat and cards out.
- Eat breakfast. It’s easy to think that by skipping breakfast you can lose weight. The truth tells a different story. Study after study has proven that people, who lose weight and keep it off eat breakfast on a daily basis.
- Drink bottled water, tea or diet soda. Throw out the sugared soda and drinks. They all contain massive amounts of sugar and carbohydrates which lead to increased weight gain. If you’re a regular daily soda drinker, by switching to diet will easily cause you to lose weight.
- Buy lean cuts of meat at the grocery store. If you’re buying hamburger, purchase the leanest package possible. Trim away excess fats off cuts of beef.
- Buy small snack size bags of chips. Why? If you have a craving for chips you may eat half of a regular size bag, but if you have a snack size bag you’re more likely to finish it and stop there. Again, it’s about portion control and it works.
- Keep fresh fruit in the house. You may not like the idea at first, but if you see fruit in your kitchen every day you’ll begin to start eating some of it.
- Instead of eating a lot of chocolate, try eating low-fat pudding.
- Substitute high fat, high calorie snack foods with pretzels, graham crackers, yogurt and low-fat popcorn.
Tips on getting up and getting more exercise to lose weight.
- Whenever you’re talking on the phone, walk around the house. It may seem silly, but it helps get you exercise without working out.
- Get in the habit of taking an evening walk. Even if it’s only several blocks it will do a world of good for your health.
- Get up and move around while watching TV. Whenever a commercial comes on, leave the room and clean up the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, etc. Don’t just sit there and veg out.
These are just a few tips and ideas to help you lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. They are all very simple to put into action, and best of all, they work.